Become a BTN Volunteer
BTN is always looking for dedicated, hard working volunteers who share the same passion to help take care of our facility and its wildlife. If you are interested in volunteering, please visit the refuge to fill out an application during our regular business hours (Tues.-Sun. 9am-4pm).
Seeking an Internship Opportunity? click here
We currently need volunteers for:
- Reception and Welcome Center
- Marketing and Event Planning
- Grant Writing
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Compound Maintenance
- Animal Care
Our Volunteer Requirements
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Proof of tetanus shot within the last 3-5 years.
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic.
Animal Care Volunteers: Post training shift opportunities vary from early morning to mid-afternoon. The animals of BTN rely on structure and consistency. There is a 6 hr minimum requirement per week.
- Must be able to commit 19 hours/month.
- Training Shifts are 9am-3pm.
- Must be able to offer one consistent day per week
There is a of 1-2 month wait for animal care volunteers.
If you are seeking NON-animal care opportunities, you may download this application and submit it via email or mail. Youth community service options may be available as well.