Back to Nature’s Animal Care Internship Program
Back To Nature offers students and individuals a chance to get involved and discover their passion for wildlife biology, wildlife rehabilitation, and animal husbandry. If you are seeking school credit or simply looking for a great opportunity to gain experience, inquire today to fill out an application. UCF Biology Students can visit Frank Logiudice in the Biology Department. Non-Bio students can visit the Experiential Learning or Career Services Departments. Valencia College students are also eligible for school credit by speaking with your campus department advisor. All applicants must receive approval by BTN’s Intern Coordinator, through a formal interview process. Our internship program is available to any individual looking to gain experience at Back to Nature. You do not have to be a registered student or receive school credit to apply however, you must be at least 18 years or older.
Be advised that this is an unpaid internship position under a Non-Profit 501 c 3 organization.
Spring/Fall Internship (15 Weeks)
- Beginning Level: 120 hour requirement. 1 credit hour. (1) 8 hour shift per week.
- Intermediate Level: 240 hour requirement. 2 credit hours. (2) 8 hour shifts per week.
- Advanced Level: 315 hour requirement. 3 credit hours. (3) 7 hour shifts per week.
Summer Internship (13 weeks)
- Beginning Level: 208 Hour Requirement. 2 credit hours. (2) 8 hour shifts per week.
- Intermediate Level: 273 Hour Requirement. 3 credit hours (3) 7 hour shifts per week.
- Advanced Level: 338 Hour Requirement. 4 credit hours (4) 6.5 hour shifts per week
A required orientation takes place the Saturday before the first day of each internship (A BTN work week starts on Sunday and ends on Saturday). Applications are accepted via email and on-site. Approved applicants will be asked to present proof of a recent tetanus shot (within 3-5 years). A weekly, set schedule will be given during the orientation.
*If you are out of state, please email Kelly@btnwildlife.org to inquire.
Fall 2021 application deadline is August 14th. Orientation is August 21st.