Become a BTN Volunteer
BTN is always looking for dedicated, hard working volunteers who share the same passion to help take care of our facility and its wildlife. Our team is diverse and filled with animal lovers alike who understand the need for wildlife conservation. If you are interested in volunteering, please visit the refuge to fill out an application during our public visitation hours (Tues.-Sun. 9am-4pm).
Seeking an Internship Opportunity? click here
We currently need volunteers for:
- Reception and Welcome Center (Tues.-Sun. 9-4pm)
- Marketing and Event Planning
- Grant Writing
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Compound Maintenance
- Animal Care
- Eagle Scout Projects
- Work Groups
Our Minimum Volunteer Requirements
- Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
- Proof of tetanus shot within the last 3-5 years.
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic.
Animal Care Volunteers: Post training shift opportunities vary from early morning to mid-afternoon. The animals of BTN rely on structure and consistency. There is a 7 hour shift minimum requirement per week.
- Minimum commitment of 28 hours/month.
- Training Shifts are 9am-4pm.
- You will need to offer one consistent day per week.
During busy times, there may be up to a 1-2 month wait for animal care volunteers. Applicants will receive a phone interview. Please apply in person and visit the refuge as soon as possible!
If you are seeking NON-animal care opportunities, you may download this application and submit it via email or mail.